2017 Fall Co-Op Technical - Business Facing (San Diego - NMSD)
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Systems Engineer for an internship opportunity. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in San Diego, CA.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Navigation and Maritime Systems Division in the Maritime Command and Control Operating Unit.
The selected candidate will work in a fast paced and dynamic office and laboratory environments with a number of competing priorities within our Spectrum Center campus.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Systems Engineer may support the Syun An Engineering team in performing: technical planning; system design and analysis; cost and risk assessment; requirements development; allocation and communication of system requirements to integration & test.
- Assist with test and integration activities such as dry runs and supporting the development and execution of test procedures.
- May also assist System Administrators in the planning and execution of their program related tasks.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in an Engineering Discipline
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work during 2017 Fall semester
- Be able to register with their respective college/university co-op office
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups.
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects.
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top