2017 Engineer Embedded Software 1-Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), OH
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Engineer Embedded Software 1.
This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in WPAFB, OH
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Software Engineering team located at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), OH.
The selected candidate will work in a team environment alongside the customer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop software requirements in conjunction with our Systems Engineering Department
- Design and develop algorithms to solve complex problems
- Develop software designs based on our approved software requirements
- Develop software source code in line with the approved software designs
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD) from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- ONLY CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE LISTED DEGREE MAJORS WILL MEET THIS BQ. IF THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE OF THE LISTED MAJORS THEY WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THE POSITION.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects.
- Linux Operating System experience
- C/C programming experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top