2017 Engineer Aeronautical 1
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an entry level Aeronautical/Test Engineer to join our team at the Unmanned Systems Integration Center in Sierra Vista, AZ. The Aeronautical/Test Engineer will be a member of the Flight Sciences Test group. The Flight Sciences Test group is responsible for sustaining the current Hunter UAS including ground and flight testing, payload systems integration, resolving technical issues and performing various data analyzes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare formal test plans, reports and other associated documentation in support of ground and flight testing for multiple aircraft configurations
- Actively participate in formal ground and flight testing as a Test Director
- Perform data reduction and analysis of aircraft telemetry and engine performance data, using proprietary analysis software tools
- Provide daily engineering data support to fielded units
- Develop engineering solutions to technical issues which may include computational fluid dynamicsBasic Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA with Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Understanding of technical theories/concepts and experimental and theoretical principles/practices in the fields of flight testing, aerodynamics and aircraft performance
- Ability to work in an integrated production team to include working with other engineering disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal presentation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products, SolidWorks
- Ability to learn new software analysis tools that are used to reduce and analyze aircraft, propulsion and system telemetry data
Experience with DIADEM and/or LabView
Experience with Unmanned Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top