2017 Electronics Engineer 1 (Field Engineering) - Baltimore
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We're a team of entry level and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Field Engineer. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Linthicum, MD.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Field Engineering for C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) .
The selected candidate will work in a rewarding technical environment supporting exciting, fascinating, and vital electronic products/systems.
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers, and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Set-up, operate, and analyze test equipment outputs (O-scopes, spectrum analyzers, meters)
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair electronic hardware
- Install and troubleshoot control software
- Take field data, analyze results, and report information to reach-back engineering team(s)
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and flexibility in solving general problems found at customers' site
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Be majoring in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Technology
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Be willing to travel on assignment (short-term) or relocate for assignment to customer's site (long-term)
- Be able and willing to represent company well to customers in course of field engineering duties
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Experience or ability to learn and excel with MATLAB, MathCAD, or similar signal analysis tool(s)
- Ability/interest with RF and radar technologies
- Ability/willingness to be an excellent team player to support an important mission
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top