2016 Fall Co-Op Technical - Software Engineer
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
A co-op at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you’ll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you’ll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you’ve done. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineers for a fall co-op opportunity. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Maryland (specific location may be Annapolis, Baltimore, or Sykesville).
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Processing Technologies department and have the opportunity to work on exciting projects such as Electronic Warfare, Radar, Space, and International systems. Many assignments will focus in real-time embedded software development. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Full software life cycle product development on a variety of architectures and target hardware platforms
- Applications include real-time sensor control, target class/detect/tracking, data acquisition and analysis, digital signal processing, networks and communications/security, intelligence data cross correlation, image processing, reverse engineering, artificial intelligence, database management, GUI development
- Utilizing software engineering technologies such as Object Oriented Design/Programming, Client-Server Distributed Architectures, Service Oriented Architectures, C/C , C#, Java, Java Enterprise Ediction, Embedded Real-time Development, Database Design, Web Technologies, .NET, and the Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, and Mercury Operating Systems
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time during 2016 fall semester
- Be able to register with their respective college/university co-op office
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Experience with model-driven engineering
- Previous internship/co-op experience
- Demonstrated leadership & teamwork capabilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Participation and leadership in professional/community/extracurricular activities
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top