Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. We're looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to join our existing team working collaboratively with engineers, product managers, designers, and other stakeholders across the organization to further our quest to help every student harness the power of the written word.
In this role, you will:
- Be an individual contributor within our QA team.
- Work with the team to perform manual testing, gaining a deep understanding of the features, functionality and underlying technologies of a rich and complicated product.
- Work with the team to create and maintain automated tests in Cypress, working from documentation or from exploring the product itself to determine test cases.
- Work to maintain and improve our testing environments and tooling, including Jenkins, Percy, Bugsnag, Browserstack, Cypress Dashboard, and SQL.
- 2+ years of testing experience including both manual and automated testing
- Your have a tester’s mindset and can find bugs through exploratory testing in a complicated product
- You are methodical and have excellent attention to detail
- You have strong technical writing skills
- You’re comfortable with the idea of working with continuous integration tools and infrastructure
- You’re open to working with a distributed team
- You are located between the time zones PST and CET (i.e. not earlier than PST and not later than CET)
What NoRedInk Offers:
- Personal growth through a management relationship prioritizing support, empathy, clearly communicated expectations, and consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. Only)
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours (We were big on remote before COVID!)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- The opportunity to help millions of students and teachers improve the state of writing education
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids' interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.