UK Customer Service and Support Team Leader
- Ensure that all up to date relevant legislation is compiled and that a current body of knowledge for best practice is maintained and applied as appropriate.
- Work closely with the regional service and sales teams to ensure seamless customer satisfaction and help in the promotion of growth opportunities via the implementation of a unified after sales and service strategy.
- Work closely with production, engineering and R&D to ensure known service issues feedback effectively.
- Monitor and review UK service support performance via the establishment of suitable KPI's and take remedial action as required.
- Understanding of parts returns process and spares inventory controls.
- Support "Technical Centre of Excellence" for Dage products.
- Ensure that adequate business tools are utilized to maximize and optimize resource usage.
- Experience of EFAC and or Salesforce is an advantage.
- Ensure that all staff are adequately trained to meet the required business objectives, with regular reviews of training and development needs, together with the evaluation of training delivered for effectiveness.
- Ensure objectives and goals are clearly understood and effectively communicated.
- Control of personnel issues for responsible staff,
- Ensure regular liaison and co-working with interfacing departments to resolve any issues that may affect the performance of the Nordson Dage operations.
- Generation of summary reports as detailed by the senior management.
- Ensure compliance with the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Provide out of hours support via the telephone in accordance with the on call rota.
Education and Experience:
- HNC/HND or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Good understanding of diagnostic techniques for both electrical, mechanical and software disciplines.
- Understanding of the management processes required for the practical application of a robust, cost effective and timely service and support provision.
- Experience as an engineer within a customer service role, ideally at a senior level within a capital equipment environment and experience of supporting a predominantly overseas install base.
- Customer focused, technical orientated engineer with experience of working within a fast moving technical service environment.
- Degree qualified of equivalent in a Mechanical/Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Experience of force measurement technologies.
- Experience of managing/supporting a customer service function with a large overseas install base – particularly SE Asia, Japan and USA.
- Proven success in a similar role
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Highly motivated individual that can lead by example as well as being a key member of the team.
- Can do attitude, with customer focus as their primary objective.
- Operational Analysis – metric based performance improvement experience.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to communicate at all levels and between departments, including worldwide distributors.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and the ability to make decisions and find solutions.
- Team builder and team player.
- Good financial understanding.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Additional language.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top