Nordson designs and manufactures equipment for applying adhesives, sealants and coatings to consumer and industrial products. The Electrical Test Engineer will work with a cross-functional Engineering team to design and sustain production test equipment with a focus on circuit board testing. The Test Engineer will be responsible for designing the electrical and mechanical components of the tester as well as writing the software for test automation. This position requires a motivated candidate who is a quick learner with strong communication skills and has had experience in circuit board design and/or testing.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Design Engineers, and other Test Engineers to determine the requirements, schedule, architecture, and cost of test equipment
- Design and implement, either working alone or as part of a team, high quality production test processes for circuit boards, control systems, and electro-mechanical systems
- Participate in product design reviews to ensure DFT principles are followed
- Participate in continuous improvement projects to increase test efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify opportunities to reduce manufacturing test time without reducing test coverage
- Perform test data analysis to identify areas for product and manufacturing process improvements
- Analyze defective products and components
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an electrical engineering role or related field
- Experience designing and/or testing circuit boards
- Preferred Programming experience (NI TestStand, LabView, and/or Visual Basic a plus)
- Experience using SQL and Microsoft Office tools preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented and well organized
- Innovative and good problem solving skills
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top