Lead quality effort on shift: Make all final decisions on shift regarding acceptance of parts and parts put on hold. Assign Quality personnel to production areas on shift as needed. Act as “mediator” on shift between quality department and other production departments. Train quality or production personnel on shift as required.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform “first shot” approval of parts and assemblies, as required in the work instructions. Approve work orders.
- Perform periodic visual, dimensional, and functional testing of parts and assemblies, as required in the work instructions.
- Enter inspection data in computer. Approve results of inspection.
- Perform preventive maintenance and validation tests on air test equipment in QA and production.
- Maintain part retains room.
- Perform special QA inspection/ toll gate/ sorting projects as required.
- Back-up QA inspectors when required.
- Back-up Senior QA inspector, to include Gage Calibration & SRO parts evaluations when required.
- Communicate part / assembly issues noted to the responsible supervisor and / or QA Management.
- Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience in quality and/or a production environment
- Experience with basic mechanical and measuring equipment
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
Skills and Ability
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Solid computer knowledge: experience with Microsoft Office
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing and warehouse environment. Frequent stooping and bending. Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Physical ability to lift boxes up to 70 lbs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson offers employees medical, dental and vision coverage on day one and up to 15 paid days off in your first year of employment. A 401(k) with a 50% company match (up to 6% of salary), a company-funded pension plan, $5,000 in annual education reimbursement, and a generous matching gifts program are other highlights you’ll find in Nordson’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top