Technical Support Engineer
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for support of customer applications for semiconductor on wafer and advanced packaging areas.
- Understand customer requirements and convert these to tool operation.
- Manage customer samples and generate reports and presentations.
- Attend conferences and provide technical sales support.
- Generate data and reports for sales and marketing use.
- Provide technical support during customer conference calls and on site meetings.
- Handling all technical enquiries, problem diagnostics, communication and feedback to concerned parties.
- Provide out of hours support via the telephone in accordance with the on call rota.
- Provide on-site support at customer sites for installations, training, fault diagnosis and applications support / development.
- Take ownership and proactively manage technical issues to completion such that they are resolved prior to escalation.
- Ability to manage / lead customer support projects. Achieve targets on time and on budget.
- Proactively manage customer expectations to closure, taking into account both commercial and technical perspectives.
- Effectively follow escalation process.
- Liaison and co-working with interfacing R&D departments (software, mechanical & electronic) to ensure that all issues and requests are processed and actioned in a timely manner to the customers' satisfaction.
- Liaison and co-working with interfacing production departments (Aylesbury).
- Liaison and co-working with regional teams (sales, service and applications)
- Provision and co-ordination of all UK and overseas product and applications training.
- Maintenance of Health and Safety and 5S in areas of responsibility.
- Any other reasonable duties
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top