Supervisor, Technical Support
The Technical Support Supervisor is responsible for directing the coordination of technical and administrative support activities including installation, repair, preventative maintenance, engineering change upgrades, training, etc. The position generally receives predetermined work assignments with specific instructions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures adequate records and systems are maintained. Ensures compliance with all processes.
- Schedules personnel responding to critical situations.
- Maintains communication with design management and specialists in resolving technical problems and/or bringing problems to the design department's attention.
- Directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Interaction with subordinates and/or customers normally involves exchange or presentation of factual and technical information.
- Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of generally nonexempt employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Business, or related field required.
- 5-8 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to anticipate and effectively plan work in an independent manner.
- Fundamental understanding of the interrelationships of sales & distribution, manufacturing, and general financial concepts preferred.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision and color vision abilities. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top