Supervisor, Software Engineering
The Software Engineering Supervisor is responsible for directing the activities of a software product development team. This position will oversee the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of product and computer programs for the Adhesives group within Nordson. This position receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet those objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision of software engineers to include process implementation, task assignment, and project scheduling
- Works as an integral part of the total development team with other groups such as hardware engineers, test engineers, marketing, and manufacturing
- Technical oversight of new software development, including feature description, specification development, and design method implementation
- Interaction with key external customers to communicate software status and technical details of implementation
- Provides direction to internal management on software architecture, suggesting new and efficient methods for software development and tool recommendation
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science OR equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a software development environment with some leadership experience
Skills and Abilities
- Desire to manage people, hire new engineers, and develop team members
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Programming experience in C and C++
- Good grasp of software design principles
- Basic understanding of hardware/software interfaces
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top