The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for activities related to the shipping of materials or finished goods and receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures materials are packaged according to specification and shipped in a timely manner.
- Ensures the security and accountability of materials and goods with inventory control.
- Ensures materials and/or products are shipped as per marketing schedules.
- Establishes and modifies operational methods and procedures.
- Maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees.
- Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, outside customers and functional peer groups at management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc.
- Provides direct supervision to semi-skilled nonexempt employees.
- Maintain current information and ensures compliance with CBP regulations and other government agency regulations. Ensure such knowledge is factored into the departmental processes and employees are trained in import/export compliance and regulatory requirements and changes.
- Ensure accurate documentation is created and data is transmitted to appropriate governmental agencies for all import activities. Provide timely responses to customs, customer and internal requests /notices, regarding classification, duty rates, documentation requirements, or other import regulations. Represents customers to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 5 – 7 years of Materials experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Ability to supervise department and provide direction to others.
- Knowledge of freight movement for off shore sales highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with domestic and international shipping policies, practices and documentation is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top