Supervisor, Order to Cash - Customer Service
The Supervisor - Order to Cash, Customer Service position is accountable for the ongoing operational performance of the center's Standard Order Desk within the Customer Service Order to Cash (OTC) department. This is a working supervisor role who manages the schedule and workload of the customer service agents assigned to the Standard Order Desk, handles escalated issues related to this group's work, ensures the standard order desk team is executing their tasks according to their job descriptions, and allocates a portion of their time to sharing the daily workload.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage standard order desk operational team within the Customer Service OTC department, which executes quotations and sales order entry received via fax or email
- Distributes the team's workload
- Provide direction and leadership to employees on how to execute order entry tasks related to their job
- Audits and monitors the activities of their team
- Solves problems escalated from their team, such as SAP transactions issues or communication with internal organization and customers
- Monitors progress of the inbound order flow KPIs related to the standard order desk to consistently meet or exceed agreed upon service levels.
- Established new operating metrics as required
- If necessary, takes corrective actions on the daily operational issues (in consultation with OTC RPO)
- Plans and schedules personnel to cover service hours of operation, taking into account time-off requests, leave, illness, and holidays
- Ensures safety, neat and tidy workplaces, and compliance with company-regulations.
- Analyze data to make informed decisions about the operations of the team
- Identify opportunities to enhance and improve operations within their supervisory organization
- Allocates 20-50% of their time executing tasks expected of their direct reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 5+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- 2+ year of SAP Order Entry experience
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and virtual
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Savvy experience with Microsoft Office
- 5+ years of SAP experience
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion, and service orientation
- Ability to use a computer to maintain records, to prepare correspondence, and for communication purposes (i.e. Internet).
- A proven track record of successfully leading teams
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently
- Savvy with technology which includes use of web-based platforms, case management, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top