Supervisor, Molding- 2nd shift
Supervise molding personnel to ensure quality, efficiency, and that the molding department is operating clean, organized, and at set standards
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise process technicians and press attendants to ensure compliance with work instructions
- Ensure that the molding shift supervised operates according to Nordson safety policies
- To a limited degree, resolve out of specification product issues by correcting processing faults and/or mutual discussions agreements with the quality department/DLS according to established policies
- Direct process technicians and master molder to correct issues as told by DLS and quality department
- Operate the shift in compliance with ISO established procedures and instructions
- Communicate on a daily basis with out-going and in-coming molding shift supervisors and other department supervisors and support staff to gain and give information to help run the department;
- Ensure the molding department is clean and organized on a daily basis
- Ensure all paper work is complete and correct at the end of the shift;
- Work with planning, mold prep and DLS to maximize uptime and meet scheduling priorities.
- Ensure cooperation and mutual support between direct and indirect molding personnel and with other departments
- Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience in process technician or in a molding environment
- Minimum 5 years molding supervisory experience
- Basic PC skills, including MS Office
- Basic math and reading comprehension
- Knowledge of molds/experience in a molding environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical school/additional schooling on supervising/management
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing Environment. Frequent stooping and bending. Ability to inspect small parts. Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Physical ability to lift boxes up to 70lbs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson offers employees medical, dental and vision coverage on day one and up to 15 paid days off in your first year of employment. A 401(k) with a 50% company match (up to 6% of salary), a company-funded pension plan, $5,000 in annual education reimbursement, and a generous matching gifts program are other highlights you'll find in Nordson's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top