Supervisor, CNC Programming
Check out Nordson on The Muse – www.themuse.com
Oversee the creation of CNC programs to manufacture parts based on engineering blueprints. Must have a thorough knowledge of the CAM software to create tooling, geometry and tool paths to manufacture parts for available machine equipment. Drives unique solutions to optimize the CNC equipment utilizing software and equipment for increased material utilization and productivity. Ensure computer programs produce parts that meet quality and cost expectations. Serve as a liaison between Design Engineering and Production to determine the best way to manufacture product. Develop innovative solutions to have quick change overs in both machines. Prepare operation tooling for mill turn machines. Develop and coordinate continuous improvement in the work cell with other operators, programmers and engineers. Open communication to improve processes, tooling, productivity, quality, and machine programs. Flexibility to work different shifts to accommodate training and process improvements.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for oversight of the Programmers for the programming of Mill/turns, Lathes, Mills and other equipment as required.
- Will need to able to create CNC programs to manufacture parts based on engineering blueprints.
- Understand equipment capabilities and available tooling to develop programs that maximize part accuracy, material utilization and machine productivity.
- Work in conjunction with Manufacturing and Design Engineers to recommend product modifications that will result in cost savings due to reduction in material content and /or fabrication time.
- Performs the duties of this position effectively in a fast-paced business environment with on-going project deadlines.
- Develop and Prepare Operational Metrics to Management, i.e. Quality / Cost / On Time Performance
- Work with Equipment Manufacturers to Optimal Operational Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Train existing and new Employees.
- Skilled in team processes, ability to work with others to identify and solve problems, resolve conflicts and optimize opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors or Associate Degree in technical discipline such as Manufacturing Technology or Computer Programming preferred or equivalent on the job experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Supervisory Role
- 3-5 years of experience programming CNC Milling and Turning machines. Preferably programming experience utilizing 3D part models / solid models and 5-axis machine tools.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of CAM to create tooling, geometry and tool paths to manufacture parts for available machine tools.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Esprit CAM Software and Crash Guard Software
- Experience operating WFL and Weingartner Equipment
- Experience with Injection/Extrusion Barrels and/or Screws
- Experience with Zoller Presetters
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Capable of using measuring devices
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will utilize material handling equipment to move production material. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top