Staff Engineer, Mechanical
Responsible for designing, defining, analyzing and/or testing Asymtek products. Coordinates subsystems and integration of total system. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of various factors.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies.
- Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- May conduct feasibility studies on new and modified designs.
- May direct support personnel in preparation of detailed design, design testing, prototype fabrication and/or manufacturing.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems.
- Plans and coordinates large projects or several small projects.
- Applies sound and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Makes decisions independently.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices in this field.
- Requires BS degree and 7 – 10 years of experience or equivalent relative experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top