Sr. Member of Technical Staff, Electrical
The Senior Member of Technical Staff, Electrical is responsible for designing, defining, implementing system requirements, analyzing and/or testing company products. Coordinates subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions. May conduct feasibility studies on new and modified designs. May direct support personnel in preparation of detailed design, design testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- High quality custom solutions developed on schedule and according to customer expectations.
- Execution of machine buyoffs that meet technical requirements and exceed customer expectations.
- Rapid development of custom designs to meet customer delivery expectations.
- Technical escalation support for the Field Service organization. Identification of replacement parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, required.
- 4 years of applicable engineering experience required, 8-10 years preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of Altium Designer or other ECAD software.
- Familiarity with cable design techniques.
- Experience with analog and digital design techniques, required.
- Knowledge of PLC devices used in machine control.
- Experience with servo systems, electric motors, and feedback devices.
- Design experience using different types of measurement devices such as RTD, Thermocouple, lasers, pressure transducers, sensors, etc
- Experience with various communication protocols: CAN, RS232, RS422, TCP/IP
- Experience with low volume/high mix and prototype manufacturing
- PC Hardware configurations, setup and troubleshooting.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects. Solid time management skills.
- Able to work as part of a cross-functional engineering team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suites: Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top