Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Picks items on sales orders.
- Selects shipping container and proper packaging for the shipment.
- Re-checks order before packaging.
- Packages solder product in accordance with packaging configuration standards to meet customer specifications.
- Stocks and restocks ice packs that accompany shipments.
- Prepares packaging in anticipation and in advance of shipping workload.
- Maintains solder inventory by part number.
- Pays close attention to pick list requirements, especially related to ice configuration and temperature recorders.
- Operates a UPS WorldShip and Federal Express Powership computer systems.
- Picks, packs and weighs orders to determine shipping labels and costs.
- Prepares international shipping documents.
- Coordinates changes to sales orders with Shipping Supervisor.
- Able to work late when necessary, standard hours are 8:30-5:00PM.
- Assists other shippers on domestic and international orders where needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehends the English language.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Experience with UPS WorldShip and Federal Express Powership computer systems.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 84 pounds occasionally and must work in a cold room environment daily.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top