Solder Paste Mix Operator I
Under the general supervision of the production team leader this individual will be required to mix, inspect, and package solder paste into designated vessels while adhering to procedures. The equipment used to fulfill this task will include but is not limited to various mixers, filling equipment, cleaning equipment, and scales. The individual must be able to follow detailed work instructions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates mixers, scales, and required equipment in the manufacture of solder paste and paste flux.
- Records accurate data in the course of adhering to production work orders.
- Performs in-line quality inspections and report findings.
- Fill syringes and other containers with solder paste as specified on bill of materials.
- Maintains proper housekeeping practices and use of personal protective equipment.
- Contributes to success of team by submitting improvement ideas, identifying potential problems, providing feedback on new methods or method changes and by displaying a positive, cooperative attitude in working with orders.
- Adherence to safety policies.
- Move products from Solder area into cold storage area as needed.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on Solder equipment as needed.
- Individual must be willing to cross train in other areas and perform in those areas when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general equivalent diploma (GED).
- 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training.
- Basic math skills.
- Prior experience using scales.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to speak, read, write English.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Some mechanical capability required.
- Basic computer skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee can sit or stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Nordson offers employees medical, dental and vision coverage on day one and up to 15 paid days off in your first year of employment. A 401(k) with a 50% company match (up to 6% of salary), a company-funded pension plan, $5,000 in annual education reimbursement, and a generous matching gifts program are other highlights you’ll find in Nordson’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Back to top