Software Engineering Intern
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop test scripts or software modules for new and existing products while working as part of a project team to complete the project on time and within budget.
- Development to include: software design, coding, reviewing/testing prototypes and completing verification plans.
- Determine hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Supports design projects.
- Conduct failure analysis
- Perform design calculations or analysis required for software development. Calculations or analysis might include PID tuning, differential flow, and PWM current control for components or systems.
- Work in a lab environment to build and test design concepts and engineering prototypes for verification. This includes compiling and presenting test data to support the design verification.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Education: Pursuing a Bachelors degree in software engineering
Experience:No experience required
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to apply sound engineering principles and practices in the design, development and verification of possible solutions and designs
- C programming experience is required
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is required
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills required to manage small projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to take verbal direction and work task through completion
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law
Back to top