A shipper is responsible for picking, packing, and shipping domestic and international orders. In addition to shipping responsibilities, receive incoming shipments and processing paperwork accordingly
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Picks items on sales orders.
- Selects shipping container and proper packaging for the shipment.
- Re-checks order before packaging.
- Packages order for shipment.
- Separates and distributes orders to various departments on an as needed basis.
- Operates a UPS World ship and Nordson Xaloy’s computer system.
- Picks packs and weighs orders requiring CIF charges to determine shipping costs.
- Preparing international shipping documents.
- Able to work late when necessary.
- Operates overhead crane systems and material handling equipment.
- Pre-shift safety inspections as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehends the English language.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to utilize various internal Computer applications and systems pertaining to shipping and receiving functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Experience with UPS World ship, table and band saws, pneumatic fastening equipment & forklift.
- Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and on occasion up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top