Senior Software Engineer
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain machine control software for Nordson Dage tools.
- Develop software interfaces between Nordson Dage tools and Factory hosts using industry standards to give high reliability and excellent user experience.
- Transfer code into volume manufacture.
- Support and debug field issues.
- Any other reasonable duties.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- Software control of machines or robotic systems.
- C++ & C# development in a multithreaded environment.
- Image processing and analysis
- Software design and architecture experience
- Use of appropriate code management and issue tracking tools.
- Understanding of the physics of X-Ray inspection and materials testing.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Excel skills.
- Customer facing experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Customer focus.
- Proactive approach to problem resolution.
- A high degree of flexibility in a continuously changing environment.
- 2D and 3D imaging, image processing and analysis
- Good numerical skills.
- X-ray systems control.
- CT reconstruction
- Visual Studio 2013 or later.
- GPU processing using CUDA.
- Software development on 64-bit Windows 7 & 10 platforms.
- Subversion source code management system.
- Factory host automation experience
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top