Senior Member of Technical Staff, Mechanical
Responsible for designing, defining, implementing system requirements, analyzing and/or testing Nordson products. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates subsystems and integration of total system.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies; Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- May conduct feasibility studies on new and modified designs.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- May direct support personnel in preparation of detailed design, design testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a BS Mechanical Engineering degree plus 4 – 7 years of experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- 2 years experience working with (design/manufacture of) Capital Equipment is desired
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Strong problem solving and analytical decision making processes
- Excellent mechanical design skills with a system level understanding
- Experience with manufacturing and line tooling desired
- Strong teamwork within department as well as external groups, e.g. new product development, drafting, purchasing
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top