Senior IPA- 1st shift
Under direction of the DLS, provide work assignments to IPA personnel working on the Mold Floor and ensure their effectiveness for quality and efficiency requirements
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide work assignments to IPA personnel working on the mold floor and assist DLS in determining daily production needs
- Review schedule requirements in SAP, Tracker and shift notes
- Coordinate activities/priorities/movement of component parts to material handlers
- Check quality of parts prior to/during assembly, and approve work orders
- Monitor production activities of IPA personnel working in the molding area
- Communicate and collaborate on a daily basis with Direct Labor Supervisors, other department supervisors and support staff to ensure smooth operations on the molding floor
- Provide and implement ideas to improve the efficiency of the production floor
- Work with quality control department to identify root causes
- Communicate problems, needs and other important information to DLS
- Perform assembly jobs as required
- Train new IPA's to correctly perform job requirements on mold floor
- Serve as backup to the Group Leader as needed
- Perform other duties, which may be assigned by the DLS
- Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years manufacturing environment experience.
- Basic math and reading comprehension.
- Knowledge of assembly operation, equipment and some mechanical skills
- Proficiency with use of PC and Basic programs, i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing Environment. Frequent stooping and bending. Ability to inspect small parts. Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Physical ability to lift boxes up to 40lbs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson offers employees medical, dental and vision coverage on day one and up to 15 paid days off in your first year of employment. A 401(k) with a 50% company match (up to 6% of salary), a company-funded pension plan, $5,000 in annual education reimbursement, and a generous matching gifts program are other highlights you'll find in Nordson's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top