Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for monthly financial closing activities and business reporting processes, providing insightful financial analysis to the business team to drive long-term business performance. This position is a key member of the business unit finance team working closely with the Business Unit Controller and will be viewed as a business partner to the Business Unit management team. Strong financial analysis and general business analytical skills are required.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare weekly / monthly financial reports for the business team and Corporate (e.g. backlog reports analyzing global order entry and shipment trends, monthly sales reports comparing global results vs. plan and sales forecast).
- Understand and use financial reports to track actual results against expectations and update projections.
- Develop monthly DSI reporting by product line and work with management to monitor global inventory balances.
- Monitor pricing and margin performance, work with product management to analyze transactional level data to identify trends and unusual variances.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc financial and continuous improvement analysis and reporting for management.
- Creation of repeatable, actionable analytics and metrics that can be leveraged within the business unit to facilitate local decision making.
- Business partner to the Business Unit Directors and Product Line Managers and provide insights with business analytics by monitoring performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing unusual variances.
- Work closely with Business Unit Controller and General Manager on developing annual operating plan, mid-year review, strategic plan and other meeting supporting schedules.
- Utilizes appropriate financial analysis techniques, data and prudent assumptions to evaluate information for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Independently develop excel models, charts and graphs, and procedures as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance required or other BA degree with MBA and relevant experience in lieu of Finance or Accounting degree. CPA/CMA is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in general accounting, financial analysis/planning is required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and to implement process improvements that generate time savings through automation and standardization.
- Strong initiative taking, leadership, thinking and problem solving, financial analysis and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles with an attention to detail.
- Ability to determine deadlines independently and consistently achieve goals.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task, work well under pressure, and change priorities as needed.
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience, including advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of general ledger and ERP systems is required. Experience with SAP is a plus
- International exposure and foreign language fluency is a plus
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top