Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed metrics:
- Lead time reduction
- Supplier On Time Performance
- Cost and Quality Management
- Scheduling Agreement / Vendor Managed Inventory Additions
- Daily activities:
- Supplier relationship development & mgmt for standard production and engineered systems suppliers
- P.O. Contract creation & management for standard production and engineered systems suppliers
- Responsible for major purchased part cost reductions
- Project management for lean projects to reduce engineered systems lead time reduction, including reducing complexity of current processes.
- Institute effective supplier measurement for engineered systems (cost, quality, delivery)
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, logistics or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of purchasing, planning, supply chain, manufacturing or production experience is required.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated experience in negotiating, planning, and analysis.
- Prior experience/knowledge of Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic engineered drawings and specifications.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective processes and drive results.
- Ability to influence to secure resources and drive changes.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Demonstrate implementation project plans and schedules.
- Able to effectively and promptly problem solve.
- Experience in SAP a plus.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 10-20% Domestic
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top