The Senior Buyer is accountable for the management and development of a world-class supply base for both capital and indirect (MRO) materials. Specific focus will be placed on ensuring effective and comprehensive regional and global strategies that will compliment and support our factories to allow successful achievement of our local and strategic objectives. The objectives are as follows: the uninterrupted supply of materials and services as specified by Business Unit Managers and requisitioners with an emphasis on continuous improvement and cost reductions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage specific global suppliers for improved performance and reduced cost.
- Negotiate and manage contracts for MRO, indirect services, and capital purchases to support corporate and local manufacturing needs.
- Responsible for specific regional and global projects and programs as assigned.
- Create, implement and manage specific Best Practices, along with training of these practices and others, to the entire SCM organization.
- Lead specific global, strategic sourcing efforts. Strategic sourcing should focus on the key objectives of: geographic alignment, performance improvement, cost reduction and supply base consolidation.
- Manage the transition from old supplier to new supplier.
- Combining the efforts of supplier development and performance, lead the reduction and consolidation of the supply base to key suppliers that provide quality material, on time for the most effective cost.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, logistics, or related field required.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Prior experience in Capital, Services, and MRO purchasing preferred.
- Experienced contract negotiator, specifically Capital purchase pricing, terms and conditions preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a buyer role, for various engineered commodities.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to create, negotiate and manage the administration of contacts.
- Strong understanding of major commodities, supply markets, and technical products required.
- Ability to perform financial modeling and analysis, value and cost analysis, etc.
- Able to effectively and promptly problem solve.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Capable of aligning / relating the “big picture” with the effective management of the project / program details.
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively as any level.
- Experience in SAP preferred.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top