Security Systems Specialist
Nordson Corporation is looking for a Security Specialist to establish and implement Nordson’s global security program to ensure the safety and security of personnel and property at all Nordson facilities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Possess a clear understanding of security best practices and regulations, such as CTPAT requirements, and serve as subject matter expert.
- Develop and implement Nordson Corporation security standard procedures and instructions, including recommendations to safeguard personnel, property and company sensitive / proprietary information based on benchmarking current procedures against best practice.
- Sets corporate standard for facility security tools, including requirements for electronic security monitoring systems, software, company issued employee identification, access control, audits, and other security tools.
- Assists in designing, implementing, and conducting security, training, briefings, and education programs including work place violence and employee drug training.
- Provides guidance to employees traveling abroad to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and export control regulations.
- Acts as Chairperson for the Nordson Security Council.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, or other related course of study required.
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant experience in corporate safety/security, law enforcement, and/or military required.
- Knowledge of CTPAT regulations and active shooter practices is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities; ability to multi-task.
- Detailed-oriented self-starter.
- Knowledge of capital process and business case development.
- Proven presentation skills including the ability to effectively conduct training programs.
- Proficient using, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Prior experience utilizing security software preferred.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 40% Domestic and International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top