Sales Associate, Commercial Development Program
The Commercial Development Program is the ideal entry point into a rewarding career at Nordson. Through this program you will learn to sell and support industry leading equipment by gaining experience in customer interaction, problem solving and solution selling. This program will prepare you to successfully transition into a number of career paths including: inside/outside sales, customer service or customer lab roles.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To successfully complete our our six month comprehensive training program, full participation is required in the following modules:
Process Training – Welcome to Nordson
- Onboarding – Logistics, Introductions, Phone/Laptop Orientation
- Nordson Legacy & Nordson Business Systems – Corporate & Divisional Introductions with Nordson Business System Review
- Systems Training – Workday, Concur, Nordson Intranet, etc.
Applications Training for All Lines of Business – What to Sell
- Marketing & Product Line Management – Strategy Review to Value Proposition
- Application & Development Engineering – Project Management, Engineered & Standard System Design, and R&D
- Component/Equipment Assembly & Testing – Standard Work review with hands-on product training
- Quality Assurance – Review Lean Six Sigma, Certification & Quality Assurance Team Structure & Processes
Commercial Training – How to Sell
- Quote to Cash – Sales Process Flow
- SAP & CRM – Enterprise & Customer Relationship Management Functional & Process Review
- Customer Service & Inside Sales – Order Entry Processing, Quote Preparation, Compliance
- Labs & Technical Support – Technology & Application Validation, Trouble Shooting
- Outside Sales – Aftermarket & Account Manager – Prospecting, Planning, Logistics & Field Exploration
- Sales Techniques – Value Proposition and Return on Investment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Four-year technical or business degree required.
Previous internship and/or working experience is required.
Previous experience in Customer facing role is preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficiency the Microsoft Suite of products, especially comfortable with Excel and Power Point Self-directed and driven individual. Ability to travel as needed in support of the training efforts. Demonstrated ability to learn. Prior customer service or outside sales experience is a plus. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment. Mechanical & electrical aptitude.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Production, Office, & Field environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top