Sales and Operational Planning Specialist
The Sales and Operations Planning Specialist’s primary responsibility is to optimize material flow for engineered systems and parts to meet delivery schedules while optimizing inventory levels and leverage best practices across the world wide Industrial Coating Systems business.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Sales, Product Line Management, Engineering, Planning, and Purchasing to understand product life cycle while building strategies to manage inventory
- Conduct strategic global inventory analysis to ensure materials are flowing correctly to support sales and meet lead times for both the Industrial Coatings Group and Nordson Sealant Equipment
- Determine and recommend optimal inventory levels to support systems and parts
- Work with the planning department in analysis of the forecast, usage, and planning BOMs to ensure proper inventory flow & levels for configured, non-configured systems, and parts
- Drive Inventory back into Supply Chain through the increased use of supply agreements
- Work with international distribution centers on the proper flow of finished goods inventory
- Analyze and recommend strategic processes to ensure optimal inventory levels while still meeting customers requested delivery dates
- Support the efforts of the business in relation to master data, procurement, logistics, inventory, forecasting, etc. to ensure successful localization projects
- Drive ECOs that will improve product flow – improvement of ordering, assembly, procurement, costing & tracking
- Understand the differences and needs in regards to inventory for all areas of the business and all locations (domestic and international) in order to implement best practices
- Analyze quotes to create sales order PEGS in SAP
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Inventory Management, Planning, Purchasing, or Product Line Management
- Minimum of two years experience in project management.
- Previous exposure to international inventory is a desired
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- SAP R3P and Business Warehouse proficiency proficient
- The ability to communicate effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities; ability to multi-task
- Self starter
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Back to top