Safety & Security Specialist
The Safety & Security Specialist will be responsible for formalizing and implementing corporate safety & security programs for all global facilities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform audits on current operations, identify gaps, communicate findings, and perform cost-benefit analysis per facility.Outline budget for necessary upgrades to fill gaps and implement new program.
- Develop clear and effective specifications for global corporate safety and security program based on gaps, benchmarking, and best practice.
- Create program timeline and facilitate implementation for new process and overall program.
- May coordinate and conduct training classes to ensure employee compliance with safety measures; track dates and schedule required annual training classes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Security Management, or related course of study strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant experience required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations and field training practices preferred.
- Knowledge of global safety/security regulations a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Adept at assessing and evaluating potential physical or system security breaches that could take place.
- Prior experience evaluating risk and performing cost-benefit analysis of security investments.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communication effectively at any level.
- Linguistic and cultural empathy and ability to communicate well when English is a second language.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities; ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Detailed-oriented self-starter.
Estimated 50% Domestic and International, predominantly International.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top