Nordson Corporation is looking for a Safety Engineer to provide environmental health, safety, and security training to employees in all facilities throughout the Midwest region of the US and perform audits on compliance of regulations. The Safety Engineer will provide guidance and act as the technical expert of the corporate safety & security program at the local level.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Possess a clear understanding of existing and projected safety regulations, including OSHA federal regulations, and state specific regulations for the assigned region, and serve as subject matter expert.
- Perform audits on current operations, identify gaps and risk conditions, and perform cost-benefit analysis per facility.
- Submit clear and concise written reports to senior and facility management based on field inspection results.
- Coordinate and conduct required training classes to ensure employee compliance with safety measures; track dates and schedule required annual training classes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Safety Engineering, or related course of study strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in safety and/or security required.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations and field training practices required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities; ability to multi-task.
- Detailed-oriented self-starter.
- Proven presentation skills including the ability to effectively conduct training programs
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 40% Domestic
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top