Regional Process Owner, Time to Pay (TtP) & Invoice to Pay (ItP)
The Regional Process Owner – Time to Pay & Invoice to Pay position will be responsible for providing leadership, vision, developing and executing best in class strategies and processes, and measuring and driving continuous improvement, customer service, and compliance for delivery of U.S. and Canada payroll & accounts payable processing across Nordson's locations. This includes interfacing with general ledger, tax, treasury and other functions to ensure appropriate execution, compliance, and reporting. This position will also be responsible for facilitating integration of U.S. and Canada payroll & payable services into a shared operations services environment, as part of Nordson's Global Business Services (GBS) project. Includes supervisory responsibility for the U.S. payroll & payables teams, consisting of managers, supervisors, and associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of Time to Pay and Invoice to Pay operational teams.
- Own the delivery of services for TtP and ItP to consistently meet or exceed agreed upon service levels.
- Monitor and report TtP and ItP service level results (metrics) to business partners.
- Coordinate with stakeholder organizations on ongoing operational performance to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with business stakeholders to manage operational governance on an ongoing basis, manage customer relationships, and resolve business issues.
- Ensure alignment of operational priorities with business priorities.
- Analyze data to make informed decisions about the operations of the team.
- Focus on TtP and ItP process efficiency, effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Monitor TtP and ItP scope to ensure adherence and compliance with controls.
- Track and perform analysis of services delivered in TtP and ItP, including internal and external benchmarking
- Direct the preparation of the TtP and ItP operating budget. Approve, gain acceptance, and monitor financial performance versus budget so that the executive leadership team is aware of anticipated costs/benefits.
- Direct the development and implementation of operational policies covering all areas of TtP and ItP reporting activity.
- Implement risk mitigation strategies that reduce the overall risk pertaining to GBS systems and processes.
- Manage ongoing strategy, evaluation, and relationships with 3rd party vendors to ensure accounts payable, payroll and tax reporting efficiency, accuracy and compliance.
- Partner with business leaders (HR, IT, Finance, and business units) to develop an execution plan to implement long and short term goals for the Payroll and AP department. Partner with Tax and Finance to ensure proper setup and maintenance of legal entities for payroll purposes, accurate general ledger postings of payroll information and availability of payroll data for finance management needs.
- Ensure that all tax payments, tax returns (quarterly and annual), time corrections, W-2's, manual checks, 1099's and garnishments are processed in a timely and quality manner by setting and monitoring processes to meet all established deadlines.
- Ensure accurate and timely posting and reconciliation of General Ledger entries.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external auditors, state and federal agencies.
- Provide direction and directives to the departmental team members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, cross training, building capabilities and in achieving management objectives.
- Support transition to Nordson Business Services organization model.
- Interfaces with Benefits, Compensation, Equity and Deferred Compensation programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a payroll position
- Previous experience supervising Accounts Payable function preferred
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- Robust working knowledge of payables & payroll practices
- Experience leading payroll for multi-state, publicly traded company
- Experience with customer-service related to payroll or other financial functions
- Supplier relationship or network management experience
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess integrity, discretion and the ability to appropriately manage confidential, sensitive information, the ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic, growth-oriented business environment and a flexible professional demeanor and self-directed work approach.
- Sound judgment, strong critical thinking skills and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written, and virtual communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Strong client management experience and ability to manage client expectations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Proven negotiations skills and able to establish common ground to focus on win-win outcomes
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry a plus
- Experience leading payroll within a shared business services structure preferred
- Experience leading other shared services financial functions a plus
- Workday HRIS knowledge desirable
- Experience with international/global payroll a plus
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion and service orientation
- Passionate and high energy which can assist in selling future vision to customers
- Strong detail orientation
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills
- Excellent process orientation which focuses on efficiency without losing sight of customer experience
- Savvy with technology which includes use of web-based platforms, case management, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated up to 10% within the US & Canada
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top