Regional Manager, Western Europe
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Annual development of commercial plan for territory including territory map, target accounts, forecast, sales strategies and tactics and resource requirements.
- Development of key account plan including share of business, competitive position, key stakeholders and strategy to increase share.
- Understanding the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and developing sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Developing profiles of sales roles required and the competencies for each role to maximise performance for the region.
- Providing input into Annual Operating Plan and participating in Strategic and Operational planning meetings.
- Conducting win/loss reviews to identify and share best practices.
- Review regional performance against expectations continuously.
- Ensure management are provided with realistic forecasts monthly and are kept informed about significant changes in development.
- Ensure pipeline is filled with opportunities at various stages of sales cycle.
- Regularly reviewing forecasts, pipeline and sales strategies with individual sales representatives and ensuring that opportunities are pursued in a timely manner.
- Manage the performance appraisal process bi-annually.
- Define and manage the monthly and quarterly sales objectives.
- Provide leadership to the sales team to help them achieve their objectives.
- Spend time in the field with individual accounts and co-travel with field sales staff.
- Initiate and coordinate the development of field sales action plans.
- Conduct frequent one-on-one interviews with the field sales staff to build effective communications, understand development needs and gain knowledge of sales and activity performance.
- Maintain accurate reporting in line with company requirements.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Work closely and effectively with all European departments.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and business ethics costs and ensure that they are communicated and adhered to within the team.
- Coordinate specific objectives of the Plan with other functional departments of the company.
- Establish target markets and customers in accordance with marketing.
- Develop and implement a plan for expansion of direct sales into any unexploited territories.
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market.
- Responsible for establishing both regional and individual sales objectives in line with the company performance criteria.
- Other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Engineering degree of equivalent.
- Management experience (preferably in a multinational environment).
- Sales experience in an industrial sales environment.
- Consumable 'run-rate' business.
- Solutions sales/capital equipment.
- Proven track record of successful European sales management
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top