Regional Environmental Health, Safety, and Security Engineer
Nordson Corporation is looking for an Environmental Health, Safety, and Security (EHSS) Engineer to provide EHSS training to employees in all facilities throughout the Eastern region of the US and perform audits on compliance of regulations. The EHSS Engineer will provide guidance and act as the technical expert of the corporate environmental health, safety & security program at the local level.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as subject matter expert by possessing a clear understanding of existing and projected safety regulations, including OSHA, environmental regulations, including CERCLA, SARA, RCRA, and transportation regulations including DOT, IATA, and state specific regulations for the assigned region.
- Perform audits on current operations, identify gaps and risk conditions, and perform cost-benefit analysis per facility.
- Submit clear and concise written reports to senior and facility management based on field inspection results.
- Coordinate and conduct required training classes to ensure employee compliance with safety, environmental and transportation measures; track dates and schedule required annual training classes.
- As necessary, assist facilities with regulatory agency communications, permitting, reporting, chemical inventories, complaint investigations, classification of hazardous materials/wastes and EHS projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Safety Engineering, or related course of study strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in EHS and/or security required.
- Thorough knowledge of employee health and safety, environmental and transportation regulations and field training practices required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven presentation skills including the ability to effectively conduct training programs.
- Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Detailed-oriented self-starter.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 40% Domestic
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top