ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance of the current ISO9001 Quality Management system including document control, management review and the audit programs.
- Ensuring compliance of all products services and parts with both internal and external specifications as applicable.
- Support and/or lead regulatory compliance for both product and materials.
- Raw Material and In-Process product testing protocol as well as finished product release management.
- Develop, implement, and maintain strategies, policies and standards that assure that raw materials, processes, and finished products within the company consistently meet the quality standards necessary for complete customer satisfaction. Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of quality assurance, quality control and customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and report out the corporate KPI's and establish the supporting strategies to achieve these KPI's. Identify barriers to complaint rate, complaint process time, and complaint WIP. Utilize all pertinent quality improvement tools and techniques including SQC, 6σ, 5S, Value-Stream-Mapping and Lean Engineering.
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance programs including product quality, manufacturing programs, vendor quality program, alternative vendor and material approval functions, and CAPA program for the site.
- Work with colleagues in Operations, Sales and Service to address customer complaints and improve customer satisfaction. Ensure that corrective and preventive action processes within the site are effective in identifying the root cause of issues, implementing corrective and preventive processes and validating plans ensuring quality systems are effective and problem resolution is totally implemented.
- Participate in a cross-functional team focused on supplier management, lead supplier quality systems initiatives, responsible for the supplier complaint management systems and ERP reports to improve supplier quality performance.
- Work with colleagues in Operations, Supply Chain and Purchasing to address and resolve quality issues that impact product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively interact with Operations, Engineering and Development teams to help introduce new products.
- Supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks and identifying relevant quality-related training needs.
- Generation of technical and management system reports.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top