The Quality Manager has overall responsibility for creating, executing and maintaining a comprehensive world class quality system. Activities include organizing, planning, commissioning and maintaining Quality Management System policies and procedures, Product Validation Testing and leading the quality team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the internal and external audit systems to ensure the effective continuous improvement of the quality systems for the EDI business.
- Investigate quality complaints and non-conformances, and work with other appropriate department managers and personnel to ensure that corrective measures are applied to prevent similar occurrences in the future. Work with appropriate sales department personnel to facilitate appropriate customer interactions and communications as related to quality issues.
- Work proactively with the manufacturing team to drive productivity, reduce cycle time and improve quality.
- Develop and maintain the supplier quality program.
- Develops and deploys the use of statistical analysis tools within the operations unit to assure improved part integrity and reliability indices.
- Improve the precision and capability of quality tools and methods throughout the production flow, and consolidate and prioritize the quality system equipment and software capital budget.
- Provide Leadership for the direct staff of the quality team in Chippewa Falls, WI.
- Monitor quality system performance through gathering relevant data and producing effective reports to business leaders.
- Collect and analyze performance data to initiate and drive quality improvement efforts.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-7 years of experience in Quality Systems in a technical manufacturing or custom engineered manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of how to define product specifications, build control plans and the ability to calibrate measuring devices
- Experience with the administration of quality systems
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and experience with ERP software packages
- Certification ASQ CMQ/OE preferred
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others
- Ability to build well-functioning Quality team
- Ability to effectively collaborate with leaders across the business
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office/Industrial Manufacturing Environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to effectively execute this role. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top