Quality Engineering Intern
Provide quality support for Nordson Amherst manufacturing and engineering facility. This will include day-to-day support of Corrective Action/Preventive Action notifications and factory quality issues. It will include one or more quality improvement projects under the supervision of a Quality Engineer.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in external and internal audit
- Prep and Train for external audit and ISO 2001/2015 transition activities
- Production quality alert dispositioning. Interpreting requirements (drawings, quality plans) to determine acceptance of parts and assemblies.
- Support data analysis using standard tools like Minitab and Excel
- Lead an improvement process that results in reduced Cost of Poor Quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
Education: Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree focused in Industrial or Quality Engineering.
Experience: None required.
Skills and Abilities
Experience with Microsoft suite – Excel charting, formulas and macros. PowerPoint, Word. Exposure to Minitab
Comfortable in presenting (training) to groups of 10-15 people.
Experience or exposure to statistical data analysis.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top