The Quality Engineer works collaboratively with all functional areas to proactively implement quality design, manufacturing and administrative processes. They are also responsible for assessing product and process risk, performing root cause analysis and implementing effective long-term corrective actions to prevent the recurrence of quality issues.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assure the top level of product quality both in-process and at final inspection
- Be the central point of control for product non-conformance and material disposition
- Maintain and improve the ISO 9001:2008 Quality System to the new standards
- Audit the gage calibration program
- Lead the reduction efforts of the costs of warranty, scrap, and rework.
- Own the corrective/preventive action program
- Establish and maintain the work center specific documentation and job aids
- Establish and participate in the internal audit program (ISO)
- Manage the document control system to include record retention
- Track non-conformances and warranty at line item level, perform Pareto analysis, CA/PA process
- In coordination with the Quality manager, you are expected to support the final inspection department in the completion of the Quality goals
- Communicates directly with internal operational departments and supply chain as necessary through oral and written presentation to assure resolution of delivery, quality, responsiveness and reliability related issues
- Develops and maintains up-to-date supplier performance history files related to supplier capability and rating systems
- Participates as the supplier development representative for Supplier Qualification, first article approval, and supplier control plans
- Provides guidance and consultation to the operations teams in the proper selection, use and care of gauges and other precision inspection equipment to assure purchased part integrity
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in quality engineering, sourcing/supply chain, and/or manufacturing engineering
- Black/Green belt certifications preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for success. Fluency in English, both written and spoken required. Interaction with internal senior staff and external supplier executives will be required
- Prefer candidate to possess formal training in lean manufacturing techniques and quality systems analysis.
- Ability to understand and work within a technical environment
- Good Project Management Skills. Requires analytical ability and experience to problem solve issues such as: technical problems, schedule issues, and cost related issues
- Good interpersonal skills and team work spirits. Ability to work a diverse team of Operations, Engineering & Quality teams and with suppliers
- Diverse knowledge and experience on QS 9001-2015 Quality Assurance System.
- Good interpersonal skills and team work spirits. Ability to work a diverse team of Operations, Engineering & Quality teams and with suppliers.
- Also should be self-motivated, results driven, and be able to work in a matrix team environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office/Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to effectively execute this role. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top