The Quality Engineer works collaboratively with all functional areas to proactively implement quality design, manufacturing and administrative processes. They are also responsible for assessing product and process risk, performing root cause analysis and implementing effective long-term corrective actions to prevent the recurrence of quality issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quality Management Systems
- Understands and operate within a QMS for the total enterprise
- Able to revise and review procedures
- Able to develop and document work instructions and forms
- Corrective Action Process
- Assists with Corrective Action team tasks by applying advanced problem solving techniques to analyze discrepant products and processes.
- Lean / Continuous Improvement Processes
- Assists with team efforts to improve basic and complex design, manufacturing and administrative processes using basic Lean/CI tools.
- Measurement Systems
- Uses advanced measurement tools and existing fixtures in the evaluation of products and processes
- Revises existing measurement systems and processes
- Recommends / specifies basic measurement equipment in new applications
- Reviews new measurement fixturing and advanced measurement equipment recommends changes
- Process Auditing
- Performs audits of basic and complex internal processes and procedures under the guidance of a lead auditor
- Provides support during audits by external notified bodies, agencies and customers
- Quality Standards and Bodies
- Understanding, training in, and working knowledge of popular QMS standard (e.g. ISO-9000) requirements
- Produces compliant detailed procedures under guidance of senior staff
- Other responsibilities include:
- Assures all elements of the enterprise are operating within the Nordson EFD Quality Management System
- Assures customer quality expectations are understood and reflected in all products and business processes
- Provides support for internal manufacturing sites regarding change management, discrepant material and product qualifications.
- Performs quality audit activities, inspect and monitor attributes critical to product quality, and provide expert knowledge with quality tools and methods.
- Works with all functional elements within the enterprise to develop, monitor and report key internal and external metrics to management.
- Supports Supply Chain Management organization relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data, and assisting suppliers with product and process quality requirements.
- Participates in NPD processes by conducting specification and design reviews with respect to Quality requirements of new products, develops measurement systems plans, reliability plans, control plans and FMEAS.
- Establishes Continuous Improvement processes that actively address underperforming or critically competitive areas of the business.
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Min. of 1 – 4 years of quality assurance related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience working in an ISO9000 manufacturing environment or equivalent
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated basic problem solving skills – Root Cause Analysis / Problem Solving Methods (8-D, PDCA, DMAIC)
- Demonstrated basic understanding and training in at least two of the following areas:
- Probability and statistics
- Industrial statistics (Cpk, MSA, SPC)
- QA Tools (PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans)
- Design of Experiments
- Able to read, understand and interpret technical drawings / documentation from three and ability to create technical drawings / documentation in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Data acquisition / Gauging
- Mechanical design
- Electronic and sensors
- Working knowledge of Injection Molding equipment and processes
- Working knowledge of machined part equipment and processes
- Working knowledge of Lean principles and methods (spaghetti diagrams, takt time, 6S, Continuous Flow)
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt
- Experience with Microsoft Project
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Mixed environment (office, lab and manufacturing). The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top