ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of the Inspection of piece parts manufactured to a drawing, checking size, finish and cosmetic appearance.
- Raise reject reports against non-conforming parts and to liaise with suppliers about problems of any sought e.g. rejects or parts which may need a concession. Discuss with the Quality Team Leader and engineering whether or not a concession may be granted.
- Raise ECR requests against any problems with drawings or piece parts, which can improve future deliveries and build aspects.
- The use of EFAC’s and the input of information regarding QC rejects at goods inwards and on the shop floor, together with hard copies in QC office.
- Sample testing of components together with input of results on the QMS via PC.
- Monitor rejects raised and discuss with the Quality Manager if the part or parts are either sent back to the supplier or scrapped off the system.
- Discuss with the Quality Manager and Engineering Team if there are any problems with the building of product in all aspects of the work carried out on the shop floor.
- Investigate any problems that occur in order to keep the flow of production going and liaise with stores in case there are any problems with the stock.
- Check final product to be sent to customers in QC laboratory, i.e. machine audits
- Monitoring the quality control of DAGE Precision Industries Limited products and services
- Establishing statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error rates
- Root cause analysis and implementation of Corrective Actions for process related concerns
- Product / process defect analysis
- Analysis of customer complaints, including documenting actions and direct customer contact
- Handling of both internal and customer quality issues
- Development of training in order to build the quality awareness & culture throughout the business
- To interface with Research and Development, Engineering, and Operations to support New Product Introduction activities
- Determining quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes
- Maintenance of Health and Safety and 5S in areas of responsibility.
- Assist in improvements to current and future systems and implement ‘best practice’ as applicable.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top