Quality Assurance Technician Lead
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform variable and attribute inspections on incoming product.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and related documents.
- Possess a basic knowledge of and ability to properly use micrometers, height gages, dial indicators, threaded ring and plug gages and various other hand-held measuring devices.
- Operate Video Measuring Equipment, Microscopes and Optical Comparator.
- Familiar with functional testing methods such as Hydrostatic Testing, Impact Testing and various destructive testing.
- Read various sampling plans and document findings in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Knowledge of MRB process and disposition materials.
- First article inspections – Perform variable and attribute inspections on new products and document findings in Microsoft Office Word and/or Excel.
- Perform calibration of all variable and attribute inspections. Use the Inspection database to document findings, enter new instruments in the database, remove items from service, manage calibration schedule and maintain records and certificates of calibration.
- Perform EFD internal audits.
- Statistical Process Control as it applies to production runs, Quality Assurance studies, first articles and capability studies. Create SPC data charts for Cp studies and assignable cause investigations.
- Problem Solve, trouble-shoot problems, assist engineering and/or manufacturing in production or customer complaint issues in order to find assignable causes.
- Serve as back up for solder QA technician.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior QA experience or equivalent.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Must be able to use gages such as calipers, and micrometers
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and have knowledge of GD&T.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable working with chemicals.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Prior SPC knowledge.
- Experience using ERP software, SAP preferred
- Knowledge of plastic molding equipment and processes
- Experience in ISO9001:2008
- Experience using Minitab Statistical Software is a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Manufacturing and lab environment. Must have the ability to lift up to 30lbs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top