Quality Assurance Inspector
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Quality Assurance Inspector I position (QAI) is responsible for daily inspection of plastic parts to ensure conformity to company engineering and quality standards. This position will primarily focus on “unattended” manufacturing runs, incoming and assembly inspections. The QAI will support the following processes with the Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Control Engineer (QCE), Associate Quality Control Specialist (AQCS), Material Review Board (MRB), First Article Inspections (FAIR), final Acceptance Quality Limit (AQL) inspections, and other responsibilities assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager. The QAI logs all pertinent inspection and MRB data into the company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.•On a daily basis, the QCI conducts multiple visual and/or dimensional inspections of parts from all appropriate molding cells. Shares pertinent inspection information to appropriate parties (e.g. Quality team, Process technicians, Assembly and PPP personnel etc…)
- Enters appropriate data and/or information into Shop Order and appropriate “Notes Field” into our ERP system IFS
- Applies company quality standards and makes appropriate evaluation of all products
- Verifies part numbers, colors, visual characteristics, and dimensional aspects to ensure the parts match the appropriate Shop Order information in the system
- Cross trains as a back-up to the Associate Quality Control Specialist when there are specific labor shortages
- May assist Quality Assurance Manager with other QA activities, such as but not limited to; customer support issues, work instructions creation/updates, document control, control plans, part acceptance criteria, audits, etc.
- Responsible for receipt, documentation and tracking of discrepant material/parts into the MRB quarantine area
- Responsible for overall cleanliness, organization and care of quality control room and equipment
- Effectively communicates quality issues to other functions when observations are observed during; Work-In-Process (WIP) Incoming and Assembly inspections, First Article Inspections (FAIR), Material Review Board (MRB)
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor (i.e. written and/or verbal)
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write short correspondence.
- Basic math skills (i.e. ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs).
- Good analytical skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision during weekend shift
- Proficient in use and navigation of Windows operating system in a networked environment
- Functional understanding of Outlook E-mail, Excel and Word
Skills and Abilities [please format this “bold” in Workday]
- Experience working in the injection molding industry
- Prior QA experience preferred
- Associates degree in a specialized field such as science or technology with at least 1 year of experience in a quality control/assurance role
- None X
- Estimated __%
Work Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top