Quality Assurance Incoming Inspector
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs variable and attribute inspections on incoming materials and parts..
- Use incoming database to document findings, create new inspection routines for new part numbers, write written instructions for inspections and quality tools needed for inspection.
- Enters appropriate inspection data into SAP quality module. Generates quality notifications in SAP for non-conforming material documentation.
- Discusses the quality notification issues with the Material Review Board (MRB) and contributes to possible disposition decisions.
- Dispositions parts and materials.
- Process, file, and maintain certifications, vendor drawings, catalogue information and related records, raw material sample chips and beads.
- Use and understand the importance of micrometers, height gages, dial indicators, threaded ring and plug gages, and various other hand-held measuring devices.
- Operate Video Measuring Equipment, microscopes, Optical Comparators and other stationary equipment.
- Understand when and how to use a sampling plan per written instructions. Use of proper methods of documenting and reporting any findings.
- Properly care for and store Measuring and Test Equipment (M&TE).
- Performs EFD internal audits per procedure, document findings in the Internal Audit database and set next audit due interval. Prints out copies for MRB review.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Education or GED
- Minimum of 2-3 years working in a manufacturing environment
- Computer skills required
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Experience using measuring equipment
- Basic Math Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word and Excel
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Previous quality assurance experience
- Statistical Process Controls Comprehension.
- SAP experience
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing and lab environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must remain standing during working hours and have the ability to lift at least 30 pounds often. The employee is regularly required to use hands to perform inspections. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception. Magnification is used during the inspection process.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top