QA Lead Person - 3rd shift
- Responsible for Nightly Quality Assurance department activities.
- Addresses Quality Assurance questions in the absence of the Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Monitors and assists shift employees while making sure department expectations are met at all times.
- Sets an example for team members to follow for workmanship standards, safety and adherence to company values and policies.
- Oversees the Quality Assurance department and takes cares of issues that may arise in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Perform all variable and attribute inspections and first piece inspection and documents findings in both Tip Assembly and Injection Molding. First Piece and In-Process Inspection portions included.
- Package, weigh and label product and record amounts accepted and rejected.
- Properly care for measuring and test equipment.
- Determine acceptability of product utilizing EFD workmanship standards and related procedures.
- Disposition product as approved or rejected.
- Document all inspection findings in Microsoft Word and/or Excel.
- Interpret X and R charts used to plot and track product data, record results and document adjustments, comments.
- Have an advanced knowledge of product drawings.
- Use of and understanding of micrometers, height gages, dial indicators, threaded ring and plug gages and various other hand-held measuring devices.
- Operate video measuring equipment, microscopes, optical comparator, air-gauging and other stationary equipment.
- Conduct functional testing of product including impact testing.
- Put together work order packets for Tip Assembly and Injection Molding (when production control personnel are not available).
- Special projects as assigned.
- Sort and rework as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top