Supports the Manufacturing Operation through detailed Inspection reviews/checks of products. Directly responsible for the verification of dimensionally correct products through the use of inspection equipment and drawing requirements. Participates in the Continuous Improvement Process and support the Quality Assurance Manager in the process of investigation of product quality issues. Supports all functional departments as required.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to read and fully understand drawing requirements utilizing geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T)
- Inspect products using gauges, calipers, micrometers and other required measuring equipment
- Perform dimensional layout inspection as required
- Perform in-process inspections on production floor, including first-piece and last-piece inspections
- Prepare final inspection documentation for shipments
- Document non-conformances and reports quality problems or findings to the Quality Management Team
- Perform audits on company Quality Management System as needed
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years Quality Assurance experience in Receiving/Inspection is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must have good English written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a good mathematic skill set, including geometry and trigonometry
- Must have good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Full understanding of the proper use of measurement devices such as height gages, calipers, micrometers, jo blocks, bore & thread gages, etc
- Working knowledge of ISO Quality Systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top