This individual will act as a strategic business partner and be responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of IS projects supporting a wide variety of business initiatives. Initial work will focus on assessing the current IS environment of a specific business and developing an IS strategy and roadmap that supports the business strategy.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to determining / maintaining strategic project roadmaps and programs in accordance with the mission and goals of the business.
- Develops budget and operating plan for individual projects and annual portfolio of projects.
- Works with appropriate internal customers to develop project scope of work documents and project plans that include cost / benefit analysis, project schedule, measurable outcomes (targets to improve) and any related risks.
- Provides team leadership on individual projects.
- Creates and maintains project plans, risk analysis and mitigation plans, communication plans, project costs and all other project documentation.
- Works with appropriate business and IS management to identify the roles of project team members, develops staffing plans, manages capacity, identifies project reporting structures and frequency of interaction and any training requirements that may be needed for a team member to complete a project.
- Understands project work from a technical perspective while being able to communicate to and engage with non-technical stakeholders.
- Leads or assists with change management.
- Organizes and conducts project team and oversight committee meetings and other communications on an agreed upon cadence.
- Ensures goals are met in areas including quality, budget, and delivery.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 4 years working in IS Program/Project Management or related role
- Experience using project management software tools preferred
- Microsoft Project
- Innotas Program and Project Management Application
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Experience managing ERP implementation / migration projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong presentation skills
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated up to 25%
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top