Production/Material Planning Manager
As part of the ASYMTEK (and MARCH / YESTECH) Sales and Operations Planning process, ensure Business Demand process is in place and functioning. In conjunction ensure Business Supply Plan aligns with Demand resulting in product shipments that match the lead times of the business, satisfy customer expectations and optimizes the inventory requirements to serve the business
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize planning processes and capability to create further competitive advantage in ATES' ability to meet customer expectations of quality, cost, and lead time.
- Optimize planning processes and tools in order to both ramp up production capacity and ramp down production capacity in the most cost effective ways, meeting needs of market and gaining advantage over competitors.
- Lead a team of individuals responsible for ensuring Demand, Supply, and Inventory Planning for the ATES Carlsbad Manufacturing operations
- Ensure Demand Planning process interfaces appropriately with Sales / Marketing Forecasting Process.
- Ensure The Demand / Supply Planning process optimizes capacity and inventory levels for the short and long term horizons.
- Work closely with Supply Chain to ensure Inventory strategy meets the business need for existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Work with Marketing / Sales to closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans including definable causes that are unique to normal demand trends.
- Interface with Supply Chain to ensure Supply Plan integrates with material purchasing short and long term needs.
- Ensure process exists and is continuously improved to take aggregated supply plan and provide detail plan for production floor.
- Ensure Enterprise System (SAP) facilitates process.
- As part of Executive Sales and Operations Planning process, create supply scenarios that include manufacturing capacity, labor, material, inventory cost based on Demand scenarios. Partner with Finance team to provide scenarios that include capital and or expense dollars associated with each scenario
- Partner with manufacturing and provide P.O.R (Plan of Record) Supply plans
- Continuously improve Demand / Supply / Inventory Planning processes. Ensure process results are continuously measured and improved.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree plus 10 or more years of operational supply chain related experience or equivalent. Proven Leadership Skills. Displays a balance of tactical expertise with strategic ability. Able to help create and communicate the vision for the Planning organization
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical / operations knowledge and experience
- APICS Certification or equivalent
- Strong process improvement skills and focus
- SAP experience in Manufacturing / Supply Chain Environment
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Position will lead Continuous Improvement teams consisting of multi-disciplined contributors.
- Strong analytical skill. Data focused
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate, cubicle environment.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top