Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) of the fabrication department to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based a Kanban system, product introduction, equipment efficiency, and sales orders. Plans and makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and resources. Selects, develops, and schedules manpower for assigned areas. Familiarity with mechanical assembly process, painting process, and shipping and receiving is a plus. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives predetermined work assignments with specific instructions
- Responsible for executing to agreed upon production plan and yields within their area of production.
- Oversees training and maintains training records.
- Regularly monitors the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of manufacturing processes.
- May act as the back up to the Fabrication Shop Manager as required.
- Supports the manufacturing lines to solve issues related with manufacturing processes, equipment, materials, etc.
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
- Accountable for assisting with the efficient, safe and cost-effective operation of the department; for advising and making recommendations to the Fabrication Shop Manager with respect to these activities.
- Coordinates with various groups such as quality, sheet metal, welding, planning and engineering to analyze product failure data and test results in order to determine causes of problems and develop solutions. Provides immediate supervision to a unit or a group of employees, specifically painting, assembly and shipping and receiving areas. Assign and monitor tasks by checking work at frequent intervals.
- Prioritizes production schedules for assigned areas.
- Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
- Directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Provides immediate supervision to a unit or a group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate's or technical school degree plus 3 - 5 years of related fabrication shop experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Bachelor's Degree is a plus.
- Familiarity with paint processes, mechanical assembly and shipping and receiving is required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Great communication skills
- Great attitude and willingness to get along with others
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top